Visitor Services Volunteer: Admissions Desk (Honor our Service Members at the Seabee Museum)
4 people are interested
Anticipated Results: Provide a positive image of the Seabee Museum to the public.
Anticipated Hours: 4+ per week. There are two shifts per day: 9:45 am to 1:30 pm, and 1:30 pm to 5:15 pm, Monday through Saturday. We have an urgent need for volunteers who can serve one of the following shifts:
- Monday AM 9:45 AM to 1:30 PM
- Tuesday AM 9:45 AM to 1:30 PM
- Every alternate Saturday PM 1:30 PM to 5:15 PM
The U.S. Navy Seabee Museum is looking for volunteers to help staff the Museum’s admissions desk. This is a public position, providing information about the Museum, Seabees and Civil Engineer Corps history, answering phones and general questions from the visiting public, and other work as assigned. Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications preferred. The schedule can be flexible and the museum is willing to work with the individual’s current work schedule. If you are interested in this type of position and enjoy meeting different type of people, then this position is for you.
- Assist in counting the number of visitors to the museum.
- Answer the phone and forward calls to appropriate staff members.
- Greet guests, answer questions, and communicate museum policies.
Background and Desired Experience:
- Ability of work with the public.
- Ability to work effectively and independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and supervisor.
- Ability to follow instructions.
We'll work with your schedule.
3201 N. Ventura RoadPort Hueneme, CA 93043
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4+ hours per week