Registration/Checkout Personnel Needed for St. Jude's Fairways of Hope
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Come out and volunteer for Fairways for Hope, a large golf tournament taking place at the beautiful Lansdowne Golf Resort. There will be over 18 holes of golf, a cocktail reception, silent auction and most excitingly, a patient speaker! For this event we need volunteers to assist with on course activities, act as greeters, and help with registration/checkout. Fairways for Hope is being held on Tuesday May 7 th from 6:30am-5pm with various shifts available.
Here is more information on the Registration position:
The purpose of this role is to work the registration table, check guests/donors into the event, and check-out the guests, if needed, utilizing technology.
The Registration: Check-in/Check-out (Technical) volunteer is responsible for:
- Welcoming guests to the event and providing event information
- Registering/checking in guests through computer/tablet system and handing out name tags/badges and other materials as needed
- Provide any fundraising incentives if required
- Familiar with the basic logistics and schedule of the event (i.e., be able to direct guests to restrooms, table assignments, ballroom, etc.)
- Closely monitoring all donor information and forms of payment (i.e., checks, cash and credit card information)
- Assist with guest check out on computers/tablets
Core Skills Required
- Attention to detail when checking guests in/out
- Strong computer skills: data entry, minimal troubleshooting
- Able to communicate and interact courteously with guests/donors
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to maintain professionalism
- Willing to work in team environment and with limited direct supervision
- Comfortable taking payments
- Maintain donor information confidentiality
- Must be 16 years of age or older
There is a 6:30am-9:30am shift available with four slots, as well as a 2pm-5pm shift.
44050 Woodridge PKWYLansdowne, VA 20176
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Each shift is four hours, and we ask that everyone arrives 30 minutes early for training so 4.5 hours total.