LA Youth at Work needs volunteers to serve as mock interviewers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
The LA Youth at Work program trains youth (16-24 years of age) to become work ready. The youth we work with go through a 3 hour, Job Skills Workshop (JSW) and a Work Readiness Certification Interview (WRC).
LA Youth at Work needs volunteers at a WRC to serve as mock interviewer. To volunteer you do not need to attend a training. The first time you volunteer as an interviewer, you will be asked to come in for a 30 min orientation to teach you the process.
To register and RSVP to upcoming events visit: http://www.layouthatwork.org/interview_events
After you register you will receive the event details.
The interviewer (YOU):
- Will review resume and application
- Will conduct the interview using a scoring rubric
- Will provide feedback to the student about areas they are doing well or areas that need to be improved
- Will complete the checklist and scoring rubric
- The whole interview process should take no more than 30 min
- Each youth will have an appointment time
- They are asked to bring their resume and a typed application
- When they arrive, we’ll check for punctuality, and we’ll give them a math test as well as a customer quiz
- They will also complete a hard copy application
- Once done with the steps mentioned above, they will proceed to the interview room where an adult volunteer (YOU) will conduct the interview.
If you have any questions, please contact Johana Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13356 Eldridge AveSylmar, CA 91342
- People 55+
- Must be at least 23