2 people are interested
Adoption Event Volunteers
ORGANIZATION: Friends of Unwanted Rabbits
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Volunteers are needed to help at our monthly adoption events. We are looking for friendly, rabbit loving individuals to make our adoption events more successful. Help is needed in the following areas:
- Set Up Event - time commitment 1.5 hours. Must have the ability to both take general direction and work independently.
- Adoption Counseling - Assist with screening interested adopters. Educate the public on proper house rabbit care. Must have house rabbit experience and adoption screening experience.
- Grooming/nail trims - Trim rabbit nails and groom rabbits. Must have house rabbit experience.
- Clean Up Event - Time commitment 1.5 hour per event. Must have the ability to take general directions and work independently.
- Adoption Table - Assist the public with signing in at the adoption event, handing out rabbit care articles, business cards, selling items available for a donation, collecting donations, handing out rabbit care bags to adopters.
- Greeters - Assist the public by answering questions and helping them to sit with rabbits available for adoption.
- 10:30 AM to 05:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Friends of Unwanted Rabbits
P.O. Box 882, 855 East Bidwell, Folsom, CA 95630, US
OUR MISSION IS TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO MAKE THE MORE COMPASSIONATE CHOICE BY ADOPTING A RESCUED RABBIT OVER BUYING ONE FROM A BREEDER. WE STAND FOR KINDNESS AND HUMANE TREATMENT FOR ALL ANIMALS AND ARE AGAINST THE USE OF RABBITS FOR MEAT, FUR AND LABORATORY TESTING. EACH YEAR THOUSANDS OF RABBITS ARE ABANDONED AT LOCAL AREA SHELTERS. RABBITS ARE THE 3RD MOST FREQUENTLY DISCARDED ANIMALS AT SHELTERS AND THE MOST OFTEN OVERLOOKED. MOST ARE DISCARDED BY THEIR OWNERS DUE TO A LACK OF UNDERSTANDING AND KNOWLEDGE OF THESE HIGHLY INTELLIGENT CREATURES. OTHERS ARE DUMPED BY IRRESPONSIBLE BREEDERS. OUR GOALS ARE TO: Increase the adoption rate of rabbits discarded at local Shelters. Increase public awareness of these highly intelligent social creatures as house pets. Educate the public on proper rabbit care. Decrease the overpopulation of rabbits through spaying and neutering. Find forever loving indoor homes for rabbits.
FRIENDS OF UNWANTED RABBITS (FUR) IS A RABBIT RESCUE ORGANIZATION FOUNDED IN 2004.
WE ARE DEDICATED TO FINDING FOREVER, LOVING, INDOOR HOMES FOR ABANDONED AND NEGLECTED RABBITS DUMPED AT LOCAL AREA SHELTERS. OUR GOAL IS TO INCREASE PUBLIC AWARENESS OF THESE INTELLIGENT, SOCIAL CREATURES AS HOUSE PETS. WE ARE COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF COMPANION RABBITS THROUGH EDUCATION ON PROPER RABBIT CARE. WE SUPPORT SPAYING/NEUTERING RABBITS TO IMPROVE OVERALL HEALTH, BEHAVIOR AND TO DECREASE OVERPOPULATION.
3839 Bradshaw RoadSacramento, CA 95827
July 14, 2022
- Animal Care / Handling
- Event Management
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 to 7 hours monthly on Saturdays.
- Adoption screening, organizational skills, ability to work independently, good customer service skills, kindness, indoor rabbit experience. Ability to take direction, friendly