Services to Armed Forces Volunteer Opportunities
2 people are interested
The American Red Cross invites you to explore opportunities with our Services to Armed Forces Department. Volunteer opportunities include the following:
Provide information about services to military families through processing and distributing information within our Military Entrance program, provide support for recognition and appreciation of those we serve internally and externally. Assist with program reports as well as assisting Red Cross staff with office duties.
Hero Care Network Regional Caseworker:
Tasks include accessing a web-based system, making follow up calls, and logging case notes on a regular basis. Caseworkers provide support in four key areas:
* Provide follow-up on all emergency communication and emergency financial assistance cases in jurisdictional
* Provide follow-up about services to new military families.
* Place phone calls to military families to gauge the satisfaction of Red Cross services.
* Support the critical community services cases; which can include an intake interview to assess client needs and providing appropriate service to clients including referrals to other agencies.
Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) Site Volunteer
Provide Red Cross preparedness briefings to military recruits and their families ensuring they know what to do if faced with a family emergency while a family member is serving in the military. Provide additional support, as appropriate. MEPS located in Syracuse and Niagara Falls. Daytime weekday commitment.
Inform and educate Red Cross partners, raise awareness of Red Cross in the community, and provide vital information to military members, their families, and veterans at public forums such as deployment briefings, Family Readiness meetings, welcome briefings and Red Cross Military Salutes. and at Military Entrance Processing Stations.
Reconnection Workshop Instructor:
Facilitate nationally developed Reconnection Workshops for military and their families. Topics include: Communicating Clearly, Exploring Stress and Trauma, Identifying Depression, Relating to Children, and Working through Anger. This position requires a NYS license in Mental Health Counseling.
VA Hospital Volunteer:
Support VA Volunteer services and all veterans by performing assigned job requirements including but not limited to: Greeter, patient escort, refreshment cart support, lab runner, clerical administration, recreation therapy assistant, information desk worker, patient visitor, hospice/respite care, special event support and transportation program driver for veterans at the VA Hospitals in Bath, Canandaigua, Batavia, Buffalo and Syracuse.
We'll work with your schedule.
344 W. Genesee StreetSYRACUSESyracuse, NY 13202
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Ongoing/ Varied hours depending on position/ flexible
- T learn more about volunteer opportunities with the American Red Cross, please contact (315) 726-4805