1 person is interested
Bereavement Callers/Companions for Hospice Needed - Make a Difference!- Nappanee, IN.
ORGANIZATION: Elara Caring Hospice-South Bend
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Bereavement Volunteer Callers/Companions are responsible for placing bereavement calls and/or companion visits to the surviving family members of patients who have died. They provide grief support and information to the families and may assess level of need. Volunteers will screen family members through calls and/or visits to identify family members needing additional support from the Elara Caring Bereavement Staff.
- Has completed orientation and training, and has spent some time working with clients.
- Has completed interview and orientation with Bereavement Coordinator.
- Has realistic goals for his/her involvement in the hospice program.
- Has evidenced his/her goals are compatible with the goals and needs of the hospice program.
- Gives evidence of commitment to the hospice program.
- Attends mandatory educational in-services.
- Verbalizes willingness to work as a member of a team.
- Respects client/family belief systems.
- Agrees to follow rules of confidentiality.
- Is reliable and punctual.
- Is willing to work closely with Bereavement Coordinator and receive constructive feedback to continually improve skill base.
- Makes a time commitment of 2-4 hours each month for no less than six months.
- Maintains open communication with Bereavement Coordinator.
- Uses listening skills effectively to provide emotional support to the patient or family members.
- Maintains appropriate boundaries and forwards moderate and high-risk issues to the Bereavement Coordinator.
- Records thorough, same day documentation on a bereavement volunteer activity record and turns this paperwork in on a timely fashion.
31 More opportunities with Elara Caring Hospice-South Bend
About Elara Caring Hospice-South Bend
2515 Bendix Dr. Suite 100, South Bend, IN 46628, US
"We care where you are"
Reading to patients
Encouraging patients to reminisce
Creating a scrapbook
Life review, Recording life stories
Playing board or card games
Shopping for patients
Delivering flowers or gifts
Providing time away for family
Multiple locations Nappanee, IN 46550
June 2, 2023
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Elder care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2-4 Hours per Month