East TN Road To Recovery Volunteer Coordinator
Make a difference for cancer patients by coordinating volunteers who provide rides to life-saving treatment. Volunteer drivers with Road To Recovery donate their time and vehicle to take patients to cancer-related medical appointments. A coordinator works closely with the volunteer drivers, other coordinators, and American Cancer Society staff.
Primary responsibility: reviews ride requests for transportation and contacts volunteer drivers to coordinate assignments. An online tool is provided for coordinators to manage ride needs and volunteer schedules. Coordination can be remote or from the American Cancer Society’s office.
A few requirements:
- Completion of online training and background check.
- Strong communication, organization, time management and listening skills.
- Access to email, phone and internet.
- Preferably available to coordinate approx. a few hours per week.
We'll work with your schedule.
Tri-Cities Area - TennesseeJohnson City, TN 37604
- Customer Service
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Preferably available to coordinate approximately 2 hours a week