Corporate/ Group Volunteer Opportunities: Give Back To Low-Income Seniors(Ontario, CA)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
YOU can be the difference and make a positive impact in YOUR community!
LINC welcomes group volunteers to engage in many opportunities by supporting our greater initiative of providing housing and life-enhancing services to low-income families, seniors, and individuals with special needs. With California currently having the highest poverty rate in the nation at 20.6%, your services will be helpful toward LINC'S objective in continuing to address housing needs with new construction, acquisition/rehab, and the preservation of at-risk affordable housing.
This is a great opportunity for team building, increasing morale/motivation, and to give back to the community. Below are a few volunteer opportunities with LINC Housing:
GROUP VOLUNTEER EVENTS
- Assist or host event projects, holiday community engagement parties or book fairs
- Beautification Projects (Gardening, paint a mural, clean-up day at a property)
- Host a drive (Collect/assemble grocery bags, back-to-school kits/backpacks, and more!)
- Implement a workshop or program to benefit our youth, families, or seniors (Financial literacy, work readiness, Technology, and more!)
- Prepare/serve a meal
HEALTH AND WELLBEING PROGRAMS FOR SENIORS:
- Services to help sustain the physical and mental health of our senior residents
- Community engagement activities (arts & crafts, bingo)
- Nutritional workshops
- Exercising classes
- Access to a computer lab
- And more!
AFTER SCHOOL & SUMMER PROGRAMS:
- Provide the youth with free homework assistance
- Art instruction or S.T.E.A.M projects
- Engagement in fun/constructive recreational activities and more!
*Other specialized positions available at locations throughout California!
How to get involved?
For more information and to plan an event that matches your group's skill-set, interests, location, and date/time availability, please contact:
Community Involvement Coordinator
Email: RRoman@linchousing.org or visit: www.linchousing.org
We'll work with your schedule.
955 N. PalmettoOntario, CA 91762
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment - Determined by event or program