- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
The CareGivers mission is to assist the frail, elderly, and disabled in order that they may maintain their independence and dignity through the spirit of volunteerism. The agency provides non-medical support to members of the Greater Manchester and Nashua areas. The CareGivers provides a personal presence for individuals who have little or no personal contact with others.
Simply stated, without volunteers there would be no CareGivers. They are the "backbone" of the organization and vital to its continuing existence. It is only through the effort of volunteers that The CareGivers is able to offer services to those in need.By helping someone with grocery shopping, taking them to their doctor's appointment, or by making a friendly visit, you help people remain in their own homes and strengthen our communities. These opportunities do not require obligation to a weekly time commitment: our program coordinator will work with you to accommodate your busy schedule
Being a caregivers volunteer comes with a flexible schedule and a wide array of tasks.
Some way you can help:
- Caring Rides: The CareGivers largest offered service is the Caring Rides Program. This program works with homebound elderly throughout the Greater Manchester area to provide transportation to and from their medical appointments. When a volunteer joins our team, they will have access to a database, where they can sign up and provide a ride for an elderly citizen in need. There is no mandatory time commitment and volunteers can assist when their schedule allows. Our software provides the details of each ride to assure its within a distance the volunteer is comfortable to travel. Volunteers have total control over which rides they select!
- Caring Cupboard Food Delivery: Help the CareGivers tackle food insecurity in the state of New Hampshire. Volunteers help delivery groceries to home bound and economically vulnerable seniors. Our program delivers free, nutritious and tasty food to over 350 people each month. This opportunity is available for groups, sports teams, corporate groups, individuals, students, families and more!
- Food Packing Volunteers: Twice a month, our volunteers venture out into the community to deliver groceries to home bound seniors, but we actively recruit volunteers do join our warehouse team and pre-pack those grocery bags to make this possible. Volunteers will receive grocery lists and shop within our warehouse to provide customized grocery bags for our clients.
- Warehouse Support Team: Volunteers can help by unloading food drop offs, stocking and sorting shelves and freezers, updating inventory and more!
We'll work with your schedule.
Greater Manchester AreaManchester, NH 03103
- Food & Beverage Services
- Inventory Management
- Administrative Support
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Very Flexible!