Fight Hunger! Lead Food Distribution Site in Community - 1st & 3rd Wednesdays, 8:00 - 10:30 a.m.
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Lead our community to ensure that anyone who needs a healthy meal can get one.
A Volunteer Site Leader is needed for Second Harvest Food Bank's Community Distribution program at John XXIII Senior Center in downtown San Jose. The Site leader will manage the biweekly food distribution event with the help of other dedicated volunteers and the support of Second Harvest Staff and our community partners.
The Site Leader is responsible for:
- Ensuring all safety guidelines are followed per standard operating procedures
- Maintaining accurate membership and volunteer records
- Documenting issues in food distribution
- Documenting and responding to site and member issues and escalating as appropriate
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Second Harvest staff, employees and volunteers at host site, and of course the community members we serve
- Creating an efficient yet warm and welcome environment for volunteers and members. The volunteer must be willing and able to work with people of different backgrounds and nationalities, exhibit compassion and sensitivity, maintain strict confidentiality of all member and volunteer information.
This volunteer opportunity might be for you if:
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You can make a 6 month commitment.
- You have the ability to perform with a high standard of customer service, professional conduct and responsibility.
- You are friendly, patient with the ability to interact with many different types of individuals and families
- You are organized and detail-oriented
- You have the ability to maintain confidentiality
- You have the ability to execute on a plan
- You enjoy working in a fast pace environment with many moving parts
- You have experience responding to issues quickly
- You have experience working with volunteers
- You are able lift 50 pounds
Nice to have experience:
- Experience working for a non-profit or representing another organization as a volunteer
- Experience working with low-income families and individuals
- Bilingual in English/Spanish, English/Vietnamese, English/Chinese
We'll work with your schedule.
John XXIII Senior Center195 E. San Fernando St.San Jose, CA 95112
- Customer Service
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1st & 3rd Wednesdays, 8:00 - 10:30 am
- 6 month commitment