Front Desk Volunteer
8 people are interested
The Front Desk Volunteer is the initial person who greets guests to Goodwill of the Finger Lakes. The Front Desk Volunteer must demonstrate a friendly, courteous, and professional demeanor at all times. The Front Desk Volunteer also answers phones and directs calls to the appropriate people or departments. The person must also maintain and respect the confidentiality and integrity of all interactions and communications. We are looking for individuals for Weekday shifts, 1-4:30pm
VOLUNTEER ASSIGNMENT INCLUDES:
- Greets and directs incoming guests and consumers in a proper manner and with a warm, professional, and courteous demeanor
- Provides assistance, as needed, to guests who are blind or visually impaired
- Keeps reception area clean, neat and orderly at all times.
- Operates telephone console and paging system
- Directs callers to a proper telephone extension
- Takes messages and delivers them to the appropriate recipient
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Goodwill of the Finger Lakes as illustrated in the Guide for Non-Employees
- Must maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information, and adhere to state and federal regulations regarding confidentiality and privacy
- Be accepting, understanding, and non-judgmental or discriminatory
- Must attend sensitivity to blindness training
- Report volunteer hours on a consistent basis to the Volunteer Coordinator
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Displays strong organizational skills
- Good computer skills preferred
- Willing to be flexible and adapt to change
- Ability to understand and embrace cultural diversity is required
- Ability to perform duties without reasonable accommodations
Business Casual and must be in accordance with the organization’s Appearance Guidelines.
Volunteers will receive onsite training
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED). One-year experience in Customer Service preferred. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are presentative of those that must be met by the volunteer to successfully perform the assignment. While performing the duties of this job, the volunteer is required to sit for long periods of time. The volunteer must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The Front Desk Volunteer will be stationed in a high traffic area. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We'll work with your schedule.
422 S Clinton AveRochester, NY 14620
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- At least 1 shift a week; 1pm-4:30pm