Teen Cocoon Aide
1 person is interested
Provide assistance with facilitation and engagement with children and families during Desert Botanical Garden programs. Volunteers will exhibit exceptional guest services skills, provide guests with a warm welcome and fond farewell, and other actions to help ensure that participants have a positive experience and enjoy their program. Volunteers may assist with the Cocoon and Girl Scout Events. Assisting with Early Childhood and Camp programs requires additional training.
- 90 minute initial training with Children & Family Education staff
- 90 day adjustment period
- Must be between the ages of 13 to 17
- Commit to a minimum of four (4) programs a year; must include one Garden Camp Adventures shift, either Spring or Summer
- Must attend annual two-hour kickoff?
- Must attend bi-monthly meetings with Children & Family Education staff
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITES
- Assist with program set-up and clean-up by putting up way-finding signage and preparing materials
- Welcome and check in guests (when roster is available), help keep track of attendance
- Engage with children and caregivers during facilitated activities and free-choice play
- Answer guests’ questions about children and family programs and the Garden
- Perform other tasks as requested by instructing staff
- Wear Garden-branded tops, neutral tone bottoms (jeans, khakis, black pants), and close-toed shoes.
- Follow all health and safety guidelines as provided by staff.
- Notify staff when unable to come in for your shift.
- Provide "fitness for duty" release from physician to return to volunteering if absent for health/medical condition
- Notify your staff member and volunteer staff if no longer going to volunteer in this assignment.
- Record volunteer hours
1201 N Galvin PkwyPhoenixPhoenix, AZ 85008
- General Education
- Environmental Education
- Must be able to attend one orientation and cocoon training.
- Must be between 13 and 17.