Teen Butterfly Pavilion Aide
7 people are interested
The Butterfly Pavilion is a vibrant environment with colorful butterflies and enthralled visitors. The Pavilion is
open in the fall and spring. Volunteers assist Butterfly Pavilion Staff in and around the Butterfly Pavilion area
and help to ensure the visitor’s experience is positive, informative and safe.
- Between the ages 13-17
- Enjoys greeting and sharing information with guests
- Enjoys working with children
- Able to work outdoors in heat and cold
- Seasonally in Spring & Fall, Daily, shifts ~3 hours long
- Commitment: 4 or more shifts a season
- Training Requirement: Butterfly Pavilion Training (2 hours)
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Desert Botanical Garden
1201 N. Galvin Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85008, US
The Garden's commitment to the community is to advance excellence in education, research, exhibition, and conservation of desert plants of the world with emphasis on the Southwestern United States. We will ensure that the Garden is always a compelling attraction that brings to life the many wonders of the desert.
The Garden is located on 145 acres of the Sonoran Desert in Phoenix. Founded by the Arizona Cactus and Native Flora Society in 1937 and accredited by the American Association of Museums in 1983, the Garden displays plants from the world's deserts, including representatives of more than half the total number of named cactus species. The Garden is the only botanical institution dedicated from its inception to the study of desert and arid-land plants of the world. We have a variety of volunteer opportunties.
1201 N Galvin PkwyPhoenixPhoenix, AZ 85008
- General Education
- Environmental Education
- Orientation or Training
- Must be able to attend one orientation and one training shift. Must commit to at least two shifts a season.
- Must be between 13 to 17.