17 people are interested
Training Team Member
ORGANIZATION: Human Services Network of Colorado
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
The Network’s Training Team implements an annual schedule of training and networking meetings and oversees other opportunities to share information. The Network holds monthly training events, ranging from free lunchtime discussions to full-day conferences. Many of our current workshops address the trauma resulting from the pandemic and how it can be managed by workers and their clients. the training team meets on on the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 5:30 to 6:30 pm.
The team will work with the co-chair/board liaison to attain the approval of topics and expenditures, the executive director, and the marketing team to produce and distribute registration forms and flyers, listserv announcements, registration information, and reminders.
The Network holds monthly training events and quarterly social events:
- Quicklearns are conducted to offer current information and provide networking opportunity. Typically 90 minutes with a presenter or a panel for 50 minutes at the beginning, and time for networking & announcements.
- Trainings are in-depth coverage, typically by an 'expert’ or a combination of presentation, panel, and discussion.
- Social/Networking Events We offer social events several times a year. Free to all, these events provide an opportunity to share resources and information with peers.
Each event needs to be coordinated-speaker, logistics, marketing, etc. Staff usually handles this though at times a group of co-coordinators can share these tasks.
- Determine what specific subject within the topic needs to be addressed-will it meet the needs of attendees, does there need to be a panel in order to address a diversity of needs, who are the leaders in the field,
- Research and contact speakers
- Select date/time
- Provide a summary of info to the Network: title, objectives, trainer info, location, date/time
- Assist with announcing the event through your network, personal contacts, flyers
- Arrange for coffee/snacks, and if for a training event, a catered lunch; confirm costs with the ED, who will arrange for payment
- Confirm with the presenter prior to training about registrations, audience needs
- For in-person events, help with set-up, registration, introductions, food, clean-up
The Network will approve all expenditures for each training (speaker and refreshments), and handles speaker fee negotiation & contract, registration forms and flyers, email marketing announcements, registration information, and reminders.
About Human Services Network of Colorado
1940 S Locust Street, Denver, CO 80224, US
The Human Services Network of Colorado creates opportunities to improve the quality and integrity of service provision by human services professionals to the populations they serve.
The Human Services Network needs human service workers to band together to support the network in providing workshops, networking opportunities and spreading the word about effective human services in order to improve the quality of life for our communities' most vulnerable populations. Most of what we accomplish in our organization is done through self-motivated volunteers and an active cadre of key leaders and board members.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 31, 2024
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Content Management Systems
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Must be at least 18
- Up to 4 per month
- Availability to attend the training team virtual meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 5:30 pm