8 people are interested
Training Team Member
8 people are interested
The Human Services Network of Colorado provides opportunities for human service workers to network, exchange information and resources, and to participate in affordable trainings targeted to their needs. Founded by Enterprise Community Partners in 2005, The Network was created to address the training and professional development needs of direct service staff. The Network operates with the help of one employee and many dedicated volunteers.
The Network’s Training Team implements an annual schedule of training and networking meetings and oversees other opportunities to share information. The Network holds monthly training events, ranging from free lunchtime discussions to full-day conferences. Many of our current workshops address the trauma resulting from the pandemic and how it can be managed by workers and their clients.
The team will work with the co-chair/board liaison to attain the approval of topics and expenditures, the executive director, and the marketing team to produce and distribute registration forms and flyers, listserv announcements, registration information, and reminders.
The Network holds monthly training events and quarterly social events:
- Quicklearns are conducted to offer current information and provide networking opportunity. Typically 90 minutes with a presenter or a panel for 50 minutes at the beginning, and time for networking & announcements. Participants bring their own lunch.
- Trainings are in-depth coverage, typically by an 'expert’ or a combination of presentation, panel, and discussion. For either half or full-day events, there is a registration fee, with coffee and snacks (for full-day) provided.
- Social/Networking Events We offer social events several times a year. Free to all, these events provide an opportunity to share resources and information with peers.
Each event needs to be coordinated-speaker, location, logistics, marketing, etc. A group of co-coordinators can share these tasks.
- Determine what specific subject within the topic needs to be addressed-will it meet the needs of attendees, does there need to be a panel in order to address a diversity of needs, who are the leaders in the field,
- Select day/time and secure a no-cost location for training (that holds minimum 35 for brown bags, 60+ for training); a list of locations is available from the Network
- Research and contact speakers; as a policy, brown bag speakers are not paid and the Network must approve fees for trainers
- Provide a summary of info to the Network: title, objectives, trainer info, location, date/time
- Assist with announcing the event through listserves, personal contacts, flyers
- Arrange for coffee/snacks, and if for a training event, a catered lunch; confirm costs with the ED, who will arrange for payment
- Confirm with the presenter prior to training about registrations, audience needs
- Help with set-up, registration, introductions, food, clean-up the day of the event
The Network will approve all expenditures for each training (speaker and refreshments), and provide speaker fee negotiation & contract, registration forms and flyers, listserv announcement, registration information, and reminders.
Contact: John Dandurand 720-252-3628 firstname.lastname@example.org
About Human Services Network of Colorado
c/o Stride, 5400 W. Cedar Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80226, US
The Human Services Network of Colorado creates opportunities to improve the quality and integrity of human services. We do this by providing comprehensive skills training, best practices, networking opportunities and tools for innovation to human service professionals.
The Human Services Network needs human service workers to band together to support the network in providing workshops, networking opportunities and spreading the word about effective human services in order to improve the quality of life for our communities' most vulnerable populations. Most of what we accomplish in our organization is done through self-motivated volunteers and an active cadre of key leaders and board members.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 16, 2021
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Content Management Systems
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 4 to 6 hours per month
- Availability to attend the training team virtual meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 5:30 pm