Cat Cafe Assistant
15 people are interested
Purpose of Position:
Cat Café Assistants maintain the Cat Café areas to ensure that the Café is a warming and engaging place for visitors to grab a cup of coffee and meet some cats. With volunteer support throughout the day, staff is able to focus on maintaining a stress-free work environment in order to best serve our clients and visitors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting visitors and assisting with transition in/out of the cat lounge, etc.
- Keeping the Cat Café colony room clean and tidy-making sure the cats are happy and not overstimulated
- Monitoring visitors in the Cat Café room and keeping track of daily appointments
- Socializing cats in the Cat Café colony room
- Other duties as requested
Training Volunteer Will Receive:
- Proper cleaning and sanitation procedures for cat shelters
- Cat body language and appropriate cat-human interaction skills
- FeLV information
We'll work with your schedule.
7225 N. Western Ave.Chicago, IL 60645
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- Regular Schedule - at least 2hrs/week
- • 18+ years old • Friendly and outgoing personality • Eager to engage visitors • Basic cat handling skills • Knowledgeable about our mission, building, programs, etc. • Possess basic range of motion and energy to complete simple tasks