48 people are interested
Movie buff? Help the library show films as a Movie Screening volunteer!
ORGANIZATION: Palmdale City Library
Please visit the new page to apply.
48 people are interested
Volunteer Movie Screening Assistant
The Palmdale City Library is currently recruiting for Volunteer Movie Screening Assistants. The Library offers weekly movie screenings Wednesday evenings at 5:30pm and additional special screenings at various times of the year, such as Spring Break, Summer Reading, and Winter Break.
We are seeking enthusiastic, energetic movie lovers to help staff with setup, clean up, greeting patrons, and directing them to the seating area.
A successful Volunteer Movie Screening Assistant will have the ability to:
- Assist with setup and take down of a large, lightweight movie screen (training will be provided)
- Assist with set up of audio visual system (training will be provided)
- Assist with moving furniture, and setup and cleanup of folding chairs
- Provide great customer service to a diverse range of individuals and have a willingness to interact with people
- Follow oral and written directions
- Push, pull, and lift up to 40 pounds of weight as well as stoop, bend, and engage in repetitive motion
- Follow the Library's current policies regarding mask wearing and social distancing, which adheres to CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19 safety
- Available Wednesdays 5pm-8pm OR for movie marathons which vary in days/times
- Commitment to at least 2 movie screenings each month
- At least 16 years old
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to pass a DOJ Livescan Background screening
Residents wishing to join this dynamic team are invited to apply at:
For additional information please call 661/267-5600.
Note: This is a volunteer position and as such volunteer is offering their services of their own free will without any expectation of compensation, benefits, or insurance of any kind.
4 More opportunities with Palmdale City Library2 Reviews
About Palmdale City Library
700 E. Palmdale Blvd., Palmdale, CA 93550, US
The Public Library is dedicated to free and equal access to information, knowledge, independent lifelong learning, cultural enrichment, and the joys of reading for our diverse community.
Public libraries in California seek to engage the talents, skills and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities' information and literacy needs. Libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.
700 E. Palmdale Blvd.Palmdale, CA 93550
May 16, 2023
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Problem Solving
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 Wednesday evenings each month 5-8pm OR 2 movie marathon days per month (times and days vary) OR one of each
- Ability to move moderately heavy furniture (with help).