51 people are interested
American Red Cross HCN Virtual Casework Volunteers
ORGANIZATION: AMERICAN RED CROSS
Please visit the new page to apply.
51 people are interested
Help provide client services to military members, veterans, and their families. Client services include: emergency communication, information and referrals, and family follow-up.
As a Hero Care Casework Volunteer you could be involved in:
* Helping provide emergency services to military members, veterans and their families.
* Providing referrals for emergency requests.
* Monitoring and managing communication messages and family follow up.
* Non-Emergency communication follow up that could include: financial assistance requests, shelter referrals, medical referral locations, loan requests, and referrals for social service organizations that support military families and Veterans.
* Maintaining a working knowledge of local resources that aid military members, their families and veterans.
* Complete required national training and locally developed orientation.
*Able to support Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces mission; have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues.
* Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others while upholding the values and principles of the American Red Cross.
* Ability to apply active listening skills and employ reasoning and questioning strategies to capture, analyze, and interpret information from clients, staff, and management.
* Good computer skills to include use of Internet search tools; Intranet; and Microsoft Office Suite, to include Outlook, word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet applications.
* Effective interviewing skills and a sound knowledge of telephone and in-person etiquette and pleasant and friendly manners respectful of human dignity.
* Ability to work with or without supervision.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Good customer service skills; Ability to work well with others.
* Willingness to gain knowledge of community resources.
* Able to work with culturally diverse populations.
To volunteer please sign-up online at www.redcross.org/volunteer.
12:00 AM to 11:45 PM
Shifts are flexible, work around your hours.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
6 More opportunities with AMERICAN RED CROSS
About AMERICAN RED CROSS
Building 300, Room 3D-09, Fort Gordon, GA 30905, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Service to the Armed Forces
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 2, 2023
- Community Outreach
- Customer Service
- Veteran Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training