Board Member - Vice President
Small Angels Rescue, Inc.
Do you have a passion for animal welfare? Are you seeking to make a difference by contributing your professional skills and knowledge to an organization that saves the lives of the helpless?
Since its inception in October 2003, Small Angels Rescue, Inc. has saved over 4,000 guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, and gerbils from euthanasia, abuse, and abandonment. We are a young, growing organization that serves an area of desperate need in the community.
We are an all-volunteer, registered 501(c)3 nonprofit.
Here is what the position entails:
- Act as chief officer in president’s absence
- Strategic planning: responsibility for leading the board in annual development of the strategic plan and ongoing review throughout the year
- Represent Rescue within community and promote our mission and values
- Oversee ongoing revision and development of Organization Manual
- Participate with HR in the hiring and training of new volunteers
- Assist president with oversight of all team operations to successfully achieve the mission of the Rescue
- Work closely with the board president to identify and resolve issues that arise
- Delegate responsibilities to board chairpersons/team leaders and provide guidance and direction
- Facilitate communication between individual board chairpersons and also between these persons and members of their teams
- Liaise with volunteers and manage concerns through collaboration with HR
- Serve as committee chairperson as appointed by the president
If you are ready to help make a tangible difference in the lives of little animals, please email your resume to Volunteer@SmallAngelsRescue.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
About Small Angels Rescue, Inc.
N/A, Frederick, MD 21702, US
The mission of Small Angels Rescue Inc. is to rescue rehabilitate and rehome gerbils, guinea pigs, hamsters, mice and rats. These animals are worthy of respectful and compassionate treatment. We advocate and facilitate responsible animal care and companionship.
Small Angels Rescue is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, no-kill, all-volunteer organization based in Frederick, MD. Small Angels works with animal shelters and adopters throughout the greater Washington, D.C., metropolitan region and in neighboring states such as Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia. Small Angels works primarily with kill or open admission shelters where the animals could be euthanized. We use a network of foster homes to care for the animals until they find their adoptive homes. Small Angels has no paid staff or physical shelter; we are all volunteers who dedicate our time to answering adoption inquiries, assisting adopters, arranging transportation from shelters, working with foster families, caring for foster animals, arranging vet care, educating the public, and running the organization all from our homes.