Board Member - Vice President
2 people are interested
Do you have a passion for animal welfare? Are you seeking to make a difference by contributing your professional skills and knowledge to an organization that saves the lives of the helpless?
Since its inception in October 2003, Small Angels Rescue, Inc. has saved over 4,000 guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, and gerbils from euthanasia, abuse, and abandonment. We are a young, growing organization that serves an area of desperate need in the community.
We are an all-volunteer, registered 501(c)3 nonprofit.
Here is what the position entails:
- Act as chief officer in president’s absence
- Strategic planning: responsibility for leading the board in annual development of the strategic plan and ongoing review throughout the year
- Represent Rescue within community and promote our mission and values
- Oversee ongoing revision and development of Organization Manual
- Participate with HR in the hiring and training of new volunteers
- Assist president with oversight of all team operations to successfully achieve the mission of the Rescue
- Work closely with the board president to identify and resolve issues that arise
- Delegate responsibilities to board chairpersons/team leaders and provide guidance and direction
- Facilitate communication between individual board chairpersons and also between these persons and members of their teams
- Liaise with volunteers and manage concerns through collaboration with HR
- Serve as committee chairperson as appointed by the president
If you are ready to help make a tangible difference in the lives of little animals, please email your resume to Volunteer@SmallAngelsRescue.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
We'll work with your schedule.
Frederick AreaFrederick, MD 21702
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 5 to 10 hours per month