Your time and compassion can help a patient and/or their family during a life-limiting illness.
No matter what your talents or scheduling commitments, there’s a role for you in our care efforts. Our volunteers are college students, veterans, retired healthcare workers, teens or simply people who wish to make a difference.
* Provide companionship
* Support caregivers
* Share stories, memories or hobbies
* Run errands
* Write letters or answer email
* Plan events or celebrations
* Sit bedside with the actively dying
* Offer bereavement support to families or friends after death of a loved one
BECOMING A VOLUNTEER IS EASY:
* Call us about your interest about volunteering
* Interview with one of our friendly coordinators
* Complete a background check, drug screening and TB test at no cost to you
* Attend a brief orientation and complete training online or in person
* Mileage reimbursement is offered for volunteer travel
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Southwest Medical Hospice
8655 S Eastern Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89123, US
The mission of Southwest Medical Hospice and Palliative Care is to compassionately meet the needs of individuals living with a life-limiting condition or terminal condition, their families and loved ones, by providing comprehensive patient-centered care. Our families will be supported with quality medical care in a professional and ethical manner, while we strive to support the patient and families emotionally and spiritually.
30 years in the community, we strive to be the community leaders and innovators in all areas of hospice and palliative medicine, social services, spiritual guidance and grief support.
Health & Medicine
We'll work with your schedule.
8655 S Eastern AveLas Vegas, NV89123
November 4, 2020
Verbal / Written Communication
Must be at least 16
Orientation or Training
2-3 hours a week
Drug screening, TB test and orientation- No cost to you.