Board of Trustees Member- Neuroscientist or Educational Scientist
Athena is seeking a new Board of Trustee member with a research background in dyslexia and/or neuroscience to serve as a Trustee or Board Advisor to manage the Board’s partnerships with academic institutions, including the University of California-San Francisco and Stanford. In particular, the Board is seeking individuals with the following experience:
- Educational neuropsychology;
- Published in academic journals;
- Effective communicator, with a proven ability to translate complex scientific concepts to an inexperienced audience.
Special emphasis on translational medicine or translation science. PhD a plus.
525 San Antonio AvePalo Alto, CA 94306
- Mental Health
- Orientation or Training
- 5-6 Board Meetings per year @ 2.5 hours each, plus 5-10 committee meetings per year @ 1-2 hours each, plus preparation time
- Someone with a passion and/or curiosity toward education or dyslexia. We have successful older Board members who have contributed their experience and wisdom, as well as younger members who bring a lot of time/energy and grow into leadership roles.