Sound the Alarm. Save a Life! - Shreveport, LA
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
With your help, we are hoping to reach our goal of installing over 1,000 free smoke alarms in neighborhoods in and around the Shreveport area. Did you know that having a working smoke alarm in a home increases your chances of surviving a home fire by 50%? In addition to installing these free, 10-year lithium battery smoke alarms, we will be educating each family on home fire prevention and safety and how to develop an escape plan. We are counting on volunteers like you to help us make a difference!
Thanks to the incredible work by our volunteers and partners, we are up to 512 documented lives saved since the inception of our Home Fire Campaign, with 15 of those being in Louisiana.
Volunteer Positions Include:
- Smoke alarm installer (people who test and install the smoke alarms),
- Educator (people who work with the family to create a home fire escape plan and teach about fire safety),
- Documenter (people who work with family to fill out necessary paperwork showing that we entered the home and installed the alarms).
- And more!
There is a job suitable for anyone and everyone and no previous experience is necessary! All training will be done the morning of the events and everyone will receive a complimentary t-shirt for participating.
For this event, we will be meeting at the Shreveport Red Cross Chapter Office (805 Brook Hollow Dr, Shreveport, LA 71105) at 9:00AM.
To register, please go to SoundTheAlarm.org/Louisiana or e-mail Wanda.Foust@redcross.org .
805 Brook Hollow DriveShreveport, LA 71105
- Teaching / Instruction
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4 Hours. Training and registration are included in that time frame.
- Must be comfortable walking and being on feet for extended period of time.