9/11 Memorial & Museum: Summer Guided Tour Greeter Volunteers
7 people are interested
The 9/11 Memorial & Museum’s Interpretive Programs team plays a key role in our educational mission. Interpretive Guides lead artifact-based tours to visitors interested in learning about the World Trade Center, 9/11 and its aftermath, and the rebuilding of the site.
As a Summer Guided Tour Greeter Volunteer, you will contribute towards the smooth operation of the Guided Tours Program in the Museum and on the 9/11 Memorial Plaza, as we welcome millions of visitors during the busy summer season. You will assist Interpretive Programs staff with the operation of guided tours in the Museum and on the outdoor Memorial. Responsibilities include:
- Greet visitors in the Museum and the outdoor Memorial Tour Cart
- Inform visitors about tour options
- Assist with checking in visitors for their tour time
- Assist with distributing tour equipment, advise visitors on equipment use and troubleshoot technology
- Explain basic Guided Tour protocol
- Assist with conducting guided tour surveys
We recommend summer volunteers work two 4-hour shifts per week (8 hours each week) for 2-3 months. We ask that you maintain the same shifts each week, when possible. Shift times are 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. You are requested not to miss more than two shifts in the summer. We will ask you to make up missed shifts within two weeks.
HOW TO APPLY:
Join our exceptional team today. For more information and to apply, please visit www.911memorial.org/volunteer or contact us at email@example.com
Accepted applicants will need to be available for our training date on Wednesday, July 10. You must be available to volunteer for at least two full months after completing training.
180 Greenwich StreetNew York, NY 10007
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Two 4-hr shifts per week; at least 2 full months, starting as early as June 5.