Position Summary: Cancer Resource Center (CRC) volunteers help support cancer patients, families and/or caregivers with cancer-related information and referrals to local resources including American Cancer Society (ACS) programs and services.
- Provide resources and information from the ACS website, database and 24-hour 1-800 number to cancer patients and their families
- Accommodate the needs of walk-in cancer patients and families with cancer-related information, and gift items, such as wigs, hats and scarves.
- Maintain knowledge of ACS programs, services and community resources
- Program orientation and training
- Training offered on all information and materials by ACS staff and CRC volunteer trainer
Staff & Volunteer Partners:
- Local ACS staff partner
- Volunteer manager/coordinator
- Other volunteers
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training