Service Department Intern - The Arc Jacksonville Village
1 person is interested
To work with individuals with intellectual and developmental differences by providing supports & case management to achieve increased independence within their homes and within the community. To provide a student with opportunity to work with individuals of a particular demographic, while educating a student on operations, administration, & service delivery for an independent living community.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in planning meetings and other activities as required to gain insight to an individual’s needs and effectively contribute in person centered planning for independent living.
- Provide individualized training for individuals based on goals highlighted in their Annual Service Plans.
- Assist residents in learning new skills within the context of their daily life (i.e. meal planning and preparation skills, money management, resident skills, housing procurement, support counseling, community mobility, etc.)
- The ability to assist residents in decision making that will allow them as much control as possible over their everyday environments.
- An understanding of the importance of developing natural, supportive relationships within the community to decrease the amount of paid staff time and increase interactions and associations with services and resources outside the disability field.
- Administrative responsibilities, including documentation of interactions & interventions, service plans/support plans, procedures, & crisis case management.
- Review and comply with all Agency policies, procedures and directives, as well as those issued by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities and other funding sources
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- To educate and promote awareness of the agency's philosophy and mission through community involvement.
- To electronically document and record events, activities, training sessions and progress as required.
- Maintenance of appropriate dress, good hygiene and professional behavior and conduct that reflects positively on the agency’s mission and the people it serves.
- Identification with and commitment to the agency's values of respect and dignity for persons served, the right of people with disabilities to control their own lives as fully as possible, and the importance of integration into the community for people with disabilities.
- To recognize abilities, deficits, and interests of residents and assist in developing a plan to address those matters.
- To believe in and advocate for the right of people with disabilities to participate in community life to the fullest extent possible.
- The ability to act responsibly at all times in assuring the safety and general welfare of persons served.
- Must possess the emotional stability sufficient for performing all tasks related to the job including times of medical and behavioral crises for residents.
Computer and other general office equipment
Fire Extinguisher, First Aid
Formal Education: A major in nursing, special education, or a social, behavioral or rehabilitative science preferred.
Skills: Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, effective goal setting and implementation, and creative and effective problem solving skills.
Knowledge: Demonstrate knowledge of community resources and services, how to address independent living needs and goals, and work within a team environment.
Other: Must be able to pass CFS and FDLE background clearance checks, CPR and Basic First Aid Certification
SALARY RANGE: This is an unpaid internship
We'll work with your schedule.
3675 Kirbo WayJacksonville, FL 32224
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- This will be considered an internship, time commitments are flexible.
- Formal Education: A major in nursing, special education, or a social, behavioral or rehabilitative science preferred.