Bereavement Volunteer Callers/Companions (Terre Haute)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Bereavement Volunteer Callers/Companions are responsible for placing bereavement calls and/or companion visits to the surviving family members of patients who have died. They provide grief support and information to the families and may assess level of need. Volunteers will screen family members through calls and/or visits to identify family members needing additional support from the Elara Caring Bereavement Staff.
- Has completed orientation and training, and has spent some time working with clients.
- Has completed interview and orientation with Bereavement Coordinator.
- Has realistic goals for his/her involvement in the hospice program.
- Has evidenced his/her goals are compatible with the goals and needs of the hospice program.
- Gives evidence of commitment to the hospice program.
- Attends mandatory educational in-services.
- Verbalizes willingness to work as a member of a team.
- Respects client/family belief systems.
- Agrees to follow rules of confidentiality.
- Is reliable and punctual.
- Is willing to work closely with Bereavement Coordinator and receive constructive feedback to continually improve skill base.
- Makes a time commitment of 2-4 hours each month for no less than six months.
- Maintains open communication with Bereavement Coordinator.
- Uses listening skills effectively to provide emotional support to the patient or family members.
- Maintains appropriate boundaries and forwards moderate and high-risk issues to the Bereavement Coordinator.
- Records thorough, same day documentation on a bereavement volunteer activity record and turns this paperwork in on a timely fashion.
About Elara Caring
1620 Hawthorne Dr. #500, Plainfield, IN 46168, US
We provide you the appropriate type of care wherever you call home. Our team’s understanding of your health needs allows us to deliver proactive, customized care that improves your quality of life and keeps you comfortable and safe at home. We provide the right care, at the right time and at the right place.
Elara Caring is one of the nation's largest providers of home-based care, with a footprint in the Northeast, Midwest and South. Elara brings together three award-winning organizations - Great Lakes Caring, National Home Health Care, and Jordan Health Services - into one transformational company, which provides the highest-quality comprehensive care continuum of personal care, skilled home health, hospice care and behavioral health.
Elara Caring leads patients through the post-acute care journey by providing the appropriate level of care, delivered wherever our patients call home. The company's intimate understanding of its patients' needs allows it to apply proprietary platforms to deliver proactive, customized care that improves quality of life and keeps patients in their homes.
The company, comprised of 35,000 caregivers serving over 60,000 patients and their families daily, in 225 locations across 16 states, is focused on providing patients with the right care, at the right time, in the right place.
We'll work with your schedule.
1212 S 3rd StreetTerre Haute, IN 47802
- Public Relations
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training