Sanctuary Steward and Grounds Restoration at Lorrimer Sanctuary
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
13 people are interested
This opportunity involves planting and maintaining native plants at various locations on our property. We need help removing non-native species. You'll get dirty, but you can set your own schedule! NJ Audubon needs your special touch!
About New Jersey Audubon Society
11 Hardscrabble Rd., Bernardsville, NJ 07924, US
The New Jersey Audubon Society (New Jersey Audubon) is one of the oldest and largest conservation organizations in New Jersey. New Jersey Audubon helps to habitat and wildlife through New Jersey's forests and farms, coasts and wetlands, and cities and towns. New Jersey Audubon's mission is twofold: connecting people with nature and stewarding the nature of today for the people of tomorrow.
In order to achieve its purpose, New Jersey Audubon, through its Board of Directors, professional staff, members, and volunteers, endeavors to:
- Develop, encourage, and support sound conservation practices, programs, and legislation.
- Disseminate information on the natural environment through education programs, information services, and publications.
- Advance knowledge of New Jersey's flora and fauna, and their relationships to the habitats on which they depend, through field research.
- Acquire, establish, and maintain wildlife sanctuaries and educational centers.
New Jersey Audubon maintains stewardship of 34 sanctuaries and conducts its programs through nine staffed facilities.
We'll work with your schedule.
Lorrimer Nature Center790 Ewing Ave.Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417
- Habitat Restoration
- Must be at least 18
- Best if you can volunteer 4 hours per month or more during summer, spring, and autumn. Fewer hours in winter.
- Physically fit and love of outdoors.