Education Internship at Small Non-Profit in China - Help Disadvantaged Schools and Students
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
We are D&A!
The small non-profit trying to make a big difference in education!
Founded in China nearly 6 years ago by Dec and Any initially as a Non-Profit English Language School, we now work with schools worldwide to provide them, and the lovely students who attend them, with free educational materials, classroom supplies, consultation and training. We believe that everyone should have access to the very best education, not just a privilege few, and over the past 6 years we are proud to say that we have helped hundreds of students get access to just that.
We are looking for people to join us in this fascinating country, either as volunteers or interns, to help us grow from the tiny non-profit we are into something with the power to make real change to people lives globally.
Each person who joins gives us the chance to help hundreds of more students all over the world, and grow new connections with schools that need our help. You'll also get the chance to shape what D&A will become in the future, a journey we are extremely excited to have started following successfully reaching our self-funding goals.
The following positions are available with us, we take each applicant on a case by case basis, experience as a teacher or education professional isn’t always necessary so don’t hesitate in applying:
D&A Internship Programme
3000rmb a month
2500 air-fare reimbursement
Free Chinese Lessons
5 day Week/36.5 Hours a Week
Weekend Meals Provided
6 Month Contract
We are looking for bright, talented and imaginative people to come and be apart of our team. You need to be outgoing, fun and ready to create work off your own back, we want to really make a difference and need people who have the same drive and belief to help us achieve this! If this seems like something you might be interested in then please get in touch with us over here or through our website www.dandaschool.com, where you can find more information about what we do and what you can get involved with!
What is the accommodation like?
- Kitchen, shared and fully kitted to enable you to eat how you like when you like
- Bedrooms, with soft mattresses. We aim to provide everyone with private rooms, though in some cases shared accommodation has to be provided instead
- Living Room, comfortable sofa and projector for watching movies, but you’ll normally be out having fun!
- Hot water and washing facilities, for those who worry China still hasn’t caught up with the rest of the world!
- Electricity and gas provided free of charge, you won’t have to pay a thing
Anything else provided?
- Free use of school bikes and e-bikes to explore the local area and get around
- Invitations to family dinners, festivals and cultural events
- Tours of the local areas, caves, mountains, lakes and hiking routes
- Full "awake hour" translation and travel assistance by phone and Skype so you never have to worry about getting lost in translation!
- Lots of other small random stuff, meals on the weekends, 2 days off a week, full teacher training, all work materials paid for, the list goes on and on...
What happens after my internship?
Upon completion of a 6 month internship successful interns will be offered the chance to set up their own branch of D&A, allowing us to extend the reach of our services and the intern the chance to move up the career ladder in the non-profit sector as a trainee branch manager.
What if I can only stay a short while?
For those who want to help but can't devote themselves to an Internship position of 6 months don't worry, we do accept volunteers for shorter periods of time from 2 weeks up, see our website for more details
We'll work with your schedule.
MLK AvenueLakewood, NJ 08701
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 6 Month Internship
- Role is based in China