Duties include, but are not limited to:
- stand and greet all people as they arrive, direct patients to sign-in form and assist if necessary
- assist patients in wheelchairs or those requiring assistance
- assess patients with obvious conditions (bleeding, gasping, chest pain, labor pain, etc.) and inform Triage Nurse(s) immediately, provide ice bags to patients with injured extremities if approved by Triage Nurse, provide gauze pads or towels to bleeding patients, assist patients to Triage Room(s), bathrooms, EKG or treatment areas
- provide appropriate receptacle to nauseous or vomiting patients
- provide a safe, clean, secure environment for children who are patients, or children of patients
- communicate with patients, family, and others as to status of treatment areas, other waiting rooms, etc.
- notify Chaplains and/or Social Workers of patient or family crisis
- notify Security Officers of any disruption or dangerous behaviors within area
- maintain and update a list of all patients in all ED Waiting Rooms; check with all waiting patients and visitors frequently to see if their status has changed, answer questions, etc.
- assist a patient's family at time of crisis: make phone calls, provide information, notify clergy, provide access to Chapel, etc.
Opportunity available 8AM-8PM, daily.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Family Therapy
- Crisis Intervention
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours/week for at least 6 months