Board of Directors, RDC Center for Counseling & Human Development
1 person is interested
We are looking for motivated, reliable individuals interested in being on our Board of Directors. This position is voluntary - there is no financial compensation.
We are particularly interested in individuals with Finance, Legal, Grant Writing, and/or Public Relations expertise, but another expertise that could help support our mission will be considered.
The board of directors is legally and ethically responsible for all activities of the organization. To that end it:
- Determines how the organization will carry out its mission through long and short-range planning
- Recruits, orients, and develops board members
- Evaluates its performance and overall performance of the organization in achieving the mission
- Responsibilities include:
- Attendance at Board Meetings which occur 5 - 6 times a year for approximately 2 hours per meeting.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about RDC Center matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the organization’s mission.
- Also, as a board member, we expect participation in one or more of the board committees.
- Board Development Committee
- Development & Marketing Committee
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Transition Ad-hoc Committee
As a Member of the Board of Directors, you will be appointed for an initial term of three years. The term may be renewed for another three years if both the Executive Director and the Board agree.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
52 North BroadwayWhite Plains, NY 10603
- Legal (General)
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach