Group Volunteer Opertunity
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
7 people are interested
Autrey Mill is operated by the Autrey Mill Nature Preserve Association, Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation. Financial support is entirely from grants, donations, memberships, and program fees. And, as with all non-profits, there is never enough money. That’s where volunteers fill in. Their skills and labor allow Autrey Mill to accomplish incredible feats on a tight budget.
With 46 acres of woodlands, trails, gardens, historic buildings, classes, events, collections of artifacts and oral histories, fundraising needs, etc. - the list of volunteer options is almost endless. But here are some areas where help is needed.
- Trail building and maintenance
- Nature & heritage education
- Garden upkeep
- General "handyman" work
- Experienced carpenters, electricians, plumbers, painters, engineers, architects, landscapers
- Fundraising ideas and events
- Greeters & docents
- Grant writing
- Marketing, graphic design & printing services
- Technical /computer assistance
- Special events and festivals organization and staffing
- Preservation and cataloging of historical items
- Oral history project
- Musicians, artists, and storytellers
- Office tasks
- "Grunt workers" of all ages
Consider providing time as a Volunteer. The time spent will provide vital support to on-going operations while leaving you with the great feeling achieved from being a meaningful part of the community and its environmental and historic preservation.
We'll work with your schedule.
Autrey Mill Nature Preserve9770 Autrey Mill RoadAlpharetta, GA 30022
- Habitat Restoration
- Facilities Management
- Animal Care / Handling
- Orientation or Training
- One time 2 hour