Pet Food Pantry Manager
Purpose of Position:
Our Pet Food Pantry program provides supplemental free cat food, and supplies when available, to individuals facing economic challenges. By becoming a Pet Food Pantry Manager, you’ll support our Pet Food Pantry Assistant Volunteers by managing the flow of Pet Food Pantry traffic, answering questions for clients, helping volunteers with issues, and communicating updates and needs to the Shelter Manager. Not to mention, you’ll play a vital role in providing food for people and pets in need. It’s a win-win for everyone!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting Pet Food Pantry clients
- Signing up new clients
- Gathering food, litter, and other supplies for clients
- Managing flow of traffic and Pet Food Pantry Assistants
- Other duties as requested
- Over 18 years old
- Great problem solving skills
- Great communication
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Knowledgeable about our mission, history, building, programs, etc.
- Experience managing people is a plus
Training Volunteer Will Receive:
- Training on managing different Pet Food Pantry scenarios
- Training on entering data into PetPoint (our data collection system)
- Training on our existing Pet Food Pantry filing system and onboarding on our new system, PetPoint
How to Apply:
Visit www.TreeHouseAnimals.org to submit an application electronically. Select "Pet Food Pantry Assistant" on the application. All questions can be forwarded to our Volunteer Coordinator at Volunteer@TreeHouseAnimals.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
7225 N. Western Ave.Chicago, IL 60645
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Every other Thursday, at least 3 hrs per week