Hospice Volunteers Make a Difference
3 people are interested
You don’t need an advanced degree or specialized skillset to help care for someone during the last days of their life. All you need is a heart for comforting and caring for others - we provide all the training you’ll need through our free volunteer training program.
Volunteers play a vital role in our mission to provide support and comfort for patients and families with a terminal illness. Patients and families appreciate the fact that volunteers are people in their community who want to do something kind for someone else.
Freda H. Gordon Hospice volunteers make a difference by:
- Providing companionship and friendship to patients during the last days of their lives.
- Offering emotional and spiritual support to families and caregivers.
- Promote positive, supportive, respectful communication and respite to patient/family.
- Provide an environment which promotes respect for patient, privacy and property.
- Occasionally assist the Freda H. Gordon Hospice staff with mailings, annual volunteer and memorial events.
If you are interested in becoming an Freda H. Gordon Hospice Volunteer, please reach out and contact me for more information. **Students whom need early or extra hours for school are welcomed!**
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Freda Gordon Hospice and Palliative Care
5000 Corporate Woods Drive, Suite 500, Virginia Beach, VA 23462, US
Our mission is to be the premier agency in Hampton Roads for alleviating suffering, maintaining dignity, and providing support and comfort for patients and families with terminal illness.
As an agency, Freda Gordon Hospice and Palliative Care volunteers provide an important service to our hospice and the people they serve.
We'll work with your schedule.
5000 Corporate Woods Drive, Suite 500Virginia Beach, VA 23462
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours/month
- -Background check -Drug screening test -Two-step tuberculin skin test (TST)