Still the Heart of Hospice: Tarrant County
7 people are interested
Hospice patients and families love their volunteers, ordinary folks serving in an extraordinary way. After half a century of hospice care in the U.S., volunteers are STILL the heart of hospice. Help us make history for the next 50 years by serving as a hospice volunteer:
- Companionship and socialization for patients who have few or no visitors;
- Engagement for patients with memory or cognitive loss;
- Music, arts or crafts with patients;
- Scrapbooking or journaling family memories;
- Giving hospice families a break at home;
- Errands or homemaking;
- Certified pet therapy (restrictions and requirements apply)
- Special projects in care homes;
- Administrative assistance for the hospice
About Tender Heart Hospice
3210 W. Park Row, Arlington, TX 76013, US
Our Mission: - To provide uncompromising, quality care that is safe and effective to all individuals in need of hospice services; - To walk "tenderly" with our patients and families during their journey; - To provide symptom control and support for people in the last phase of incurable disease so that they may live with dignity and be as comfortable as possible. Tender Heart Hospice Care recognizes dying as a normal process and cycle of life. Our mission focuses on quality and dignity till the end and affirms life.
Hospice Care for Families facing Terminal Illness
Various LocationsTarrant CountyTarrant County, TX 76013
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Usually an hour or two per visit in facilities; home visits may be longer.
- Auto insurance ID card for volunteer or person who drives volunteer. Other requirements apply; inquire for more information.