1 person is interested
Volunteer position title: One-on-One Counseling (SHIP/SMP)
- Attend Three Day Basic Medicare Training.
- Successfully complete SHIP Online Certification Counselor Exam.
- Comply with SMAA and SHIP/SMP policies and procedures, including those regarding confidentiality as outlined in the volunteer handbook.
- Provide confidential/objective individual counseling to beneficiaries/representatives on Medicare and related health insurance issues including Medigap, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D and Medicare Savings Programs.
- Use Medicare.gov website to help beneficiaries compare prescription and/or Medicare Advantage plan options.
- Participate in additional trainings/webinars and/or case reviews offered to remain up-to-date on issues affecting Medicare beneficiaries.
- Make appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Report your SHIP/SMP activities/volunteer hours.
Preferred skills/qualifications:Effective communication skills, strong problem solving abilities * Strong listening and comprehension skills * Basic computer and internet skills * Willingness to work and get along well with others from diverse backgrounds * Willingness to request assistance as needed.
Volunteer Benefits: Satisfaction of participating in a national SHIP/SMP effort to educate and empower Medicare beneficiaries, their caregivers, and the general public about health care, fraud, errors and abuse. Professional training classes and resource materials, mentoring and technical assistance, local and statewide recognition events.
We'll work with your schedule.
136 U.S. Route OneScarborough, ME 04074
- Basic Computer Skills
- Problem Solving
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Minimum 8 hours a month
- Training takes place 4/29, 5/6, and 5/9 from 9:00AM-2:30PM