Bernadette's House, Inc.
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
7 people are interested
Bernadette's House, Inc. is seeking to expand it's program staff by bringing on new members to join our growing organization. We are seeking candidate's with a range of skills and expertise to collaborate with the CEO, and the Board of Directors in decisions that will affect the program, and the facility. Hours needed are 2:00 pm-6:30 pm M-F.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To Assist the Program Administrator with the administration, management and supervision of a comprehensive program serving children ages 8-17.
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills
- Previous experience working with children highly preferred
- American Red Cross certified First Aid/ CPR/ AED preferred
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Possess problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Skill in using personal computers and a variety of software applications
Program Assistants are responsible for committing 2 hrs/wk in the assistance of planning and
preparing the lesson plans. They aide the staff; as well and coaching and mentoring the student's in their daily duties and lessons. They ensure that the students are learning through well-planned and age-appropriate activities that focus on all developmental areas.
- Assist the Associate Director with the administration, management and supervision of a comprehensive program serving children aged 8-17
- Manage the registration process and logistics related to summer camps. Provide the
highest level of customer service to parents, student staff and children enrolled in camps
- During HAS and the summer camp; enforce Facility rules, program and pool policies, procedures and regulations. Serve as liaison between parents and summer camp counselors, as well as liaison between parents and Program Administrator
- Recognize and respond effectively to emergencies. Responsible for risk management
- Compile statistics and reports to assess and evaluate the success of summer camps
- Utilize online survey tool to gather parent feedback. Make recommendations for summer
camp programming, inventory and budget
About Bernadette's House, Inc.
306 Montgomery St, Laurel, MD 20707, US
To provide a safe and supportive environment for young girls to explore their purpose in life.
Bernadette’s House, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) faith-based charitable nonprofit organization that was founded in October 2012. Our volunteer staff is dedicated to providing a safe and supportive home-like environment for preteen and teenage girls who live in and around the Laurel, Maryland area. Careful consideration is made to match each girl in our program with a mentor who is dedicated to developing a nurturing relationship that encourages the mentee to venture on a journey of self-discovery and "dare to dream" of a life full of possibilities. Our program is designed to foster the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills that will enable the girls to make life choices that will have a positive impact on their future.