Group Mentoring Activity Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Do you enjoy interacting with groups? Do you have an interest in interacting with our clients and volunteers at group mentoring activities like Art Night, Holiday Activities, Fitness Activities, and more? We have an opportunity for you! We offer activities for our clients on a monthly basis and are looking for volunteers to assist our program team during each activity.
Volunteers serving in the role of a group mentoring activity volunteer are responsible for assisting with set up, activity facilitation, and clean up from the assigned activity. Activities typically last 90 minutes, with additional time for set up and clean up.
Assignments are made on a one-time or ongoing basis, as per the interest of the volunteer. Number of volunteers needed per activity varies.
- Minimum age of 18
- Able to communicate via phone and in person
- Clear of findings on the national sex offender registry
- Complete online volunteer application
- 1-3 References
- Completion of Background Checks (National Sex Offender Registry)
- Participation in 3-hour Orientation
- Sign Confidentiality Agreement
- Be a friend to any clients you may interact with during an activity (you are not a social worker, therapist, or parent in this role)
- Maintain open communication with Compeer staff
- Notify Compeer staff when no longer able to attend an assignment
How to get started:
- Complete the online application by visiting https://mentors.mentorcore.com/compeer/index.php?section=application&action=new&fwID=2101 OR
- Contact the Director of Volunteer Engagement at email@example.com or (716) 883-3331 X312, to discuss opportunities for individuals or groups!
About Compeer of Greater Buffalo
24 Ludington Street, Buffalo, NY 14206, US
Promoting good mental health through meaningful friendships.
Compeer recruits, screens, and matches trained volunteers and mentors in one-to-one supportive friendship relationships with children, adults, military veterans, and seniors who are striving for good mental health. Volunteers become positive role models, help raise self-esteem, increase social and communication skills, and encourage independence for their Compeer friends. The relationship between volunteers and their friends encourages a sense of belonging, trust, respect, hope, support, and empowerment.
We'll work with your schedule.
Erie CountyErie CountyBuffalo, NY 14206
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies depending upon assignment, average time for one assignment is 3 hours.