- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Do you enjoy events/activities? We have an opportunity for you! We offer activities for our clients on a monthly basis and are looking for volunteers to assist our program team during each activity. Typical assignment commitment is 3 hours, including set up and clean up.
We also have approximately 3-4 event opportunities that are connected to fundraising initiatives. These assignments vary in time commitment.
Volunteers serving in the role of an activity and/or events volunteer are responsible for assisting with the implementation of one or more assignment. After completing the application process, volunteers will be regularly presented information about potential assignment opportunities. Volunteers sign up for an activity or event based upon their interest/availability and number of people needed to fulfill each assignment.
Assignments are made on a one-time or ongoing basis, as per the interest of the activities & events volunteer.
- Minimum age of 18
- Able to communicate via phone and in person
- Clear of findings on the national sex offender registry
- Complete online volunteer application
- 1-3 References
- Completion of Background Checks (National Sex Offender Registry)
- Participation in 3-hour Orientation
- Sign Confidentiality Agreement
- Be a friend to any clients you may interact with during an activity/event (you are not a social worker, therapist, or parent in this role)
- Maintain open communication with Compeer staff
- Notify Compeer staff when no longer able to attend an assignment
How to get started:
- Contact the Director of Volunteer Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 883-3331 X312, to discuss opportunities for individuals or groups!
We'll work with your schedule.
Erie CountyErie CountyBuffalo, NY 14206
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies depending upon assignment, average time for one assignment is 3 hours.