18 people are interested
Music Volunteers needed to join our Hospice Team!
18 people are interested
Seaport Hospice is actively recruiting Music Volunteers to join our wonderful hospice team. Do you love to sing or play an instrument? Share your talents and bring the joy of music to our patients and their families. Music transcends cultural, language and societal barriers and has the power to promote wellness for the whole person. Music volunteers help to improve the quality of life of our patients through their music.
As a Music Volunteer, you might go to a patients home to play music or you might play music for patients at a skilled nursing facility. Each volunteer receives orientation, training, and on-going support from our caring staff.
About Seaport Hospice
5473 Kearny Villa Rd. #100, San Diego, CA 92123, US
Our Mission is to provide life-changing care to our patients and their families. We care for our patients as members of our own family. We listen, we adapt and we serve them on their journey. Our Hospice team provides specialized holistic care for our patients and their families to meet their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs. Our Heartbeat is what unites each member of the Seaport team. It is the why behind everything we do. While each of us brings a different perspective and background, there are a few common threads that distinguish our ministry.
Our Core Values as an organization drive every decision and process we have here at Seaport. We celebrate success, welcome accountability, possess a passion for learning and love one another. We take intelligent risks, take ownership for our decisions and put our employees’ welfare first so they are energized and empowered to provide life-changing service.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The challenge of meaningful work
- A unique culture where people convert their passion into action
- An environment where you are expected to be yourself and then to push yourself to be the best
- An ability to grow professionally- we want to see you succeed and move forward
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- Creative and fresh thinking in your work, regardless of your role
- A spirit of collaboration and flexibility
- A passion for building and improving upon yourself and our team
- The ability to contribute and make a difference- we are a results driven company
ALL OF SAN DIEGO COUNTY5473 Kearny Villa RoadSan Diego, CA 92123
October 15, 2021
- People Skills
- Keyboard Instrument
- Music Therapy
- String Instrument
- Wind Instrument
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask our volunteers to commit to 6 months. The volunteer time spent weekly/monthly is based on your schedule and availability.