Animator needed for Kickstarter Campaign
1 person is interested
Our mission is to transform urban waterways into wildlife sanctuaries, to provide an opportunity for residents to connect with nature in new, meaningful ways.
We bring together innovators, ecologists, and designers in the urban waterway space from around the world to create truly innovative, wildlife-first destinations. We include local community groups in the design and construction process, so that everyone from students to local businesses plays an active role in making their surrounding world a better place with their own hands and minds. In addition, we run a layer of programming at these destinations that includes everything from elementary school curriculum, to sponsoring graduate school research projects, to organizing conservation-minded volunteer programs for people of all ages.
Urban Rivers has installed 2,000 square feet of floating gardens on the Chicago River and are currently focused on building out the Wild Mile. The Wild Mile will be a mile-long floating eco-park on the North Branch Canal scheduled to open in Spring 2020. Our current objectives are to increase habitat, improve water quality, inspire innovation, and educate the public all while beautifying the Chicago River!
- We are looking for an animator to create one or two 8-12 second shorts to put in our Kickstarter video and would like to get that completed as soon as possible.
- We only do a campaign once a year / shared with Greater Chicago community
- The shorts can be created with either drone footage or from scratch
- The project is ideal for those interested in gaining more experiences, enhancing their skills, those who are looking for new opportunities, or those who want to use their skills to do something good (idealist).
- This is a great opportunity to have your work seen by thousands of people while building your portfolio.
- Attend training sessions and meetings as scheduled
- Complimentary Park membership
- Annual social events, including the annual Appreciation Dinner
- Quarterly newsletter for volunteers and staff
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter describing your experience and how it applies to this role along with your resume to Volunteer Manager (Alexandra@urbanriv.org). Please send both in a single pdf, named: First Name_Last Name_CV.
We'll work with your schedule.
809 N MADISON STHinsdale, IL 60521
- Animation Software
- Video Production
- one or two 8-10 second videos