A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
POSITION SUMMARY: Seeking enthusiastic, and compassionate volunteer(s) in the Dayton, Ohio area, to help community members connect to drug, alcohol, mental health, and other related service providers, including Mission Addiction. Ideal candidates will have a passion to help people, a sense of urgency, and be reliable, professional and organized. Each navigator position is flexible for appointment hours (days, evenings, etc.) to suit your schedule. However, consistency works best. Both junior and senior candidates will be considered and training is available.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with various groups within the community with patience and compassion
- Problem-solving, navigation, or help desk type experience is preferred
- Prefer addiction and/or mental health experience, either personally or professionally
- Certifications or degrees in counseling, psychology, social work, peer support, chemical dependency, etc. are desirable, but not required
- Familiarity with local, regional, and national resources are a plus
- Sufficient spiritual and emotional maturity to understand and exhibit healthy professional boundaries when working with a highly vulnerable population
- Some computer and software experience is preferred
The position is flexible and could include any or all of the following, depending on interests, experience, and availability:
- Provides needed information and resources to individuals via phone, text, chat, email and/or face to face conversations.
- Resolves crisis situations through identification of community resources. Identifies possible solutions to complex case scenarios.
- Provides accurate information and referrals to individuals contacting Mission Addiction and/or internal requests, i.e. from our lay counseling and coaching team.
- Follows up with select individuals to capture outcomes and alternative options.
- Demonstrate effective listening and engagement skills to make a real human connection; inspire hope and promote recovery and resiliency with every encounter.
- Update our resource database and/or assist with our website resource listing
- Be an ambassador of Mission Addiction and all program service offerings, as well as refer clients to other resources, when appropriate
- Keep up with internal training and updates and apply that knowledge
Please send a résumé and cover letter or paragraph to Edward@Mission-Addiction.org. Include any particular interest in this position and organization, your qualifications, and any previous volunteer experience. Thank you for inquiring about this important role in our mission!
Anything is possible when we walk together (tm)
About MISSION ADDICTION
5980 Wilmington Pike, Sugarcreek Township, OH 45459, US
1) Provide a lifeline of support, training, resources and aftercare to individuals and loved ones, no matter where they are in their journey. 2) Healing, restoring and transforming people and families, to become the best version of themselves. 3) Grow and train an army of people ready, willing and able, to help those who need and want it. 4) Provide a spiritual family to connect, learn, and grow in faith. (You do not have to be impacted by addiction to participate and you do not have to be a Christian.) 5) Embrace culturally diverse clients and volunteers. We depend upon that variation of thought to contribute to effective services and growth for everyone. Anything is possible when we walk together™
Mission Addiction was founded by a business consultant and faith leader in January, 2017.
Connection & Community in a Spiritual Family
- The "MAP" for Healing and Recovery aftercare program; 50 topics in 30 sessions!
Tuesday Night Christian Support Meeting
- "Quick Church" blog
Navigation and Referral Services
Mentoring / Coaching
Healing & Restoration Prayer
Prayer & Grief Support
Flexible Volunteer Opportunities to fit anyone’s schedule; our program includes the rewards of serving. Don't see a fit on Volunteer Match? Fill out an application and we can probably create something: http://www.mission-addiction.org/get-involved/volunteering/
Prevention Talks - for parents & students