During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Individual Giving Development - Summer 2020 Internship
Make-A-Wish(r) Greater Bay Area grants life-changing wishes for children between the ages of 2 ½-18 with critical illnesses. To grant nearly 400 wishes each year, Make-A-Wish(r) Greater Bay Area leverages support from individual donors in the form of individual contributions (online or through direct mail) and via planned gifts.
Summary of Responsibilities:
* Researching potential donors’ and current donors’ giving capacity
* Assisting in the Grant Writing process
o Researching new grant opportunities
o Writing and Drafting Grants in collaboration with the Development Team
* Assist in Database Cleanup projects
* Calling current individual donors and thanking them for their recent contributions
* Assist in special projects including, but not limited to:
o Our Wishes on the Vine events
o Wish it Forward
Qualifications Desired for this position:
* Passion for the mission and vision of Make-A-Wish
* Good organization skills and ability to multitask
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Professional demeanor
* Familiarity with Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
* Interest in the process of prospect research
* Writing experience is a plus
* CRM experience is a plus or Interest in learning
* Self-starter, desire to learn more about the nonprofit industry
Commitment: 8-15 hours per week; flexible.
Development, fundraising, database, and nonprofit experience is preferred.
This is a volunteer (unpaid) position. College credit may be available depending on the requirements of your college or university.
1333 Broadway Ste 200, Oakland, CA 94612, US
We grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
Make-A-Wish is a charitable non-profit organization whose purpose is to fulfill magical wishes for children with life-threatening illnesses. Proceeds from the Make-A-Wish fundraising efforts are used to fulfill children's dreams and create special memories for the entire family.
We'll work with your schedule.
1333 BroadwaySte 200Oakland, CA 94612
May 23, 2020