2 people are interested
Center for Independent Futures (CIF), an Illinois nonprofit organization, located in Evanston, Illinois is currently seeking a Board member to assume the role of Board Treasurer to oversee CIF’s budget, financial planning and cash management while limiting risks to the organization. The successful Board volunteer will have previous experience in nonprofit financial management and will be an integral part of maintaining positive relationships with banks and financial institutions. The Treasurer will Chair the Finance Committee and work closely with other Board members and CIF’s executive management to ensure appropriate financial systems have been put in place and are consistently implemented.
- Anticipate borrowing needs and available funds for investment
- Oversee the development of an annual budget for CIF and create long-term projections based on departmental needs and upcoming capital projects
- Monitor and oversee an efficient system of policies that adequately control financial activities
- Provide oversight to ensure sufficient funds are available to cover operational and capital investment needs
- Collaborate with Finance Committee members and CIF executive management regarding loans, liquidity and investments
- Review prepared financial reports
- Monitor third party activities handling any outsourced financial functions
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
1015 DavisEvanston, IL 60201
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Resource Development / Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 24
- Orientation or Training
- Board (2 hours) and Finance Committee (1 hour) meetings meet 10 times a year. Board members are encourage to attend 2 other organization events per year
- • Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance • CPA certification • 5+ years of experience in nonprofit financial management