YWCA Senior & Affordable Housing
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
About the YWCA Senior Housing:
The YWCA Senior Housing was built in 2007. There are twelve apartments in the complex, which is composed of six 2-bedroom apartments and six 1-bedroom apartments. Seniors live independently in a supportive community of their peers ages 62 and above. The apartments are located adjacent to the YWCA Dorothy Woodley Hunt Branch in Ysleta. This program empowers low-income seniors who value their independence to thrive. To be eligible for the Senior Housing applicants must be 62 years of age or older and low income (at or below 60% of area median income). Residents can receive a complimentary YWCA membership and have access to the fitness programming and services offered by the YWCA. Residents may choose to have family members or caregivers live with them. Small dogs or cats are permitted with a pet deposit.
About the Independence House Apartments:
In collaboration with the Junior League of El Paso, this residential facility was opened in 2000. Independence House provides affordable housing for low-income El Paso community members. There are eight apartments in the complex, which is composed of five 2-bedroom apartments and three 1-bedroom apartments. The apartments are located behind the YWCA Joyce Jaynes Branch in central El Paso. To be eligible for Independence House Apartments applicants must be low-income individuals or families (at or below 60% of area median income). Residents can receive a complimentary YWCA membership and have access to the fitness programming and services offered by the YWCA. Small pets (dogs or cats) are permitted with a pet deposit.
- Assist in composing a handy resource book for the tenants living at the YWCA Lower Valley Senior Housing and Independence House Apartments.
- Assist with coordinating holiday parties such as: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Mother’s Day, etc.
- Assist with locating services and resources in the El Paso County that will come to the YWCA Lower Valley Senior Housing and Independence House Apartments to conduct presentations.
- Follows all YWCA policies and procedures, including safety procedures always.
- Present new ideas that could improve the quality of life for the tenants and for the housing program.
- May perform other tasks as needed by Housing staff.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Submit volunteer application
- Submit to a background check prior to placement through the YWCA El Paso del Norte Region and receive clearance of all background checks submitted
- Must be friendly, patient, and understanding
- Have good communication skills and practice confidentiality
- Some working knowledge of computers
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required
- Mornings and afternoons Mondays thru Fridays.
- Individuals as well as groups welcomed.
We'll work with your schedule.
201 E. MainEl Paso, TX 79901
- Child Care
- Office Reception
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training