DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
Board Member, KY Chapter
ORGANIZATION: Gift of Adoption Fund
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
Gift of Adoption is a national charity that provides grants of up to $15,000 to complete the adoptions of vulnerable children from the U.S. and around the world. Priority is placed on helping children for whom reunification is not possible and are facing what is possibly their last or only chance at adoption, including those at-risk of separation from siblings, entering foster care, aging-out of an orphanage, or with critical special needs.
Gift of Adoption is the largest provider of adoption assistance grants on a nondiscriminatory basis (without regard to age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or marital status). Since inception in 1996, Gift of Adoption has awarded $13.2 million to give 4,402 children permanent families and the chance to thrive. Gift of Adoption is recognized by Charity Navigator and the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance.
Want to make a difference? Join a Gift of Adoption Chapter Board!
Our all-volunteer chapter boards engage leaders who believe that having a loving, permanent family is a necessity for all children, everywhere. Chapter board members are responsible for raising money and generating awareness. 100% of the funds raised by chapter board members goes directly toward awarding grants to unite children with their forever families in your chapter market.
We are actively seeking passionate, diverse, and experienced fundraisers to join our (add state) Chapter board.
Honor, Amplify and Be Scrappy
Gift of Adoption Needs YOU if:
- You are passionate about the Gift of Adoption mission.
- You have the time and energy to spend 6 hours a month working with your board colleagues to raise funds in a collaborative team environment.
- You can leverage connections, networks, and resources in achieving your chapter’s goals.
We are especially interested in talking with you if:
- You have been a part of nonprofit boards or fundraising committees.
- You have experience in event planning, grant writing, or major gifts.
- You will work diligently to meet your personal give/get goal.
- You are willing to bring your unique background, talent, and passion to the table.
Gift of Adoption chapter board members serve 3-year terms. Each board member is tasked with recruiting one new board member to their chapter team by the completion of each term. This is a non-compensatory, volunteer chapter board role. Our chapter board members are impactful and game changers. Please visit our website www.giftofadoption.org for more information.
About Gift of Adoption Fund
1200 Shermer Road, Suite 111, Northbrook, IL 60062, US
Gift of Adoption is a national charitable organization that inspires adoption by providing grants to help fund adoptions-- giving children permanent, loving families and the chance to thrive.
We believe a child without a family is one of life's great tragedies because a child without a permanent home suffers. Orphanages and foster homes do not offer permanent solutions for the millions of children who need families. All children deserve the dignity and love that comes from being a part of a family. Gift of Adoption is committed to creating those families. Gift of Adoption is a national charitable organization that inspires adoption by providing grants to help fund adoptions-- giving children permanent, loving families and the chance to thrive.
Through Gift of Adoption, you can give time and donations to support adoption.
Even if you can't open your home, you can open your heart and transform the life of a child.
Can be located anywhere in the stateAnchorage, KY 40223
December 8, 2022
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Project Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 30
- On average, our board members spend between 1 and 10 hours per month.
- 10+ years of combined professional experience Previous success hitting a fundraising goal Large professional and social networks and Evidence of business and community leadership