12 people are interested
We are looking for a highly skilled, responsible volunteer to help our Information Technology department with an overwhelming workload.
This person would need to have a solid work ethic, ability to keep confidentiality, and strong technological skills, as well as a strong understanding of security issues and concerns.
YWCA OF ROCHESTER & MONROE COUNTY
175 N. Clinton Avenue, Rochester, NY 14604
JOB TITLE: Information Technology Volunteer POSITION TYPE: Part-Time Volunteer
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology LOCATION: Rochester, NY
Performs installation, configuration, and maintenance of systems and software and provides end user support under the supervision of the Director of Operational Excellence & Information Technology.
- Assist with operating system upgrades of end user computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Perform installation, configuration, data transfer, and maintenance of new Windows computers, which replace older systems.
- Provide end user support and troubleshooting, tracking service requests and resolutions
- Assist with software upgrades
- Demonstrate understanding of and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Comply with all HIPAA Privacy and Security Standards as defined by the YWCA of Rochester & Monroe County
- Knowledge and experience working in a LAN environment
- Experience installing, configuring, and updating hardware (computers, printers, servers) and software applications in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and above, Windows 7, Windows 10, MS Office
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. (computers and monitors). Job may require travel to other sites where YWCA staff are located.
We'll work with your schedule.
175 N. ClintonRochester, NY 14614
- Database Administration
- Internet Research
- IT Consulting
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Security / Network Administration
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training