Hound Haul Coordinator
1 person is interested
The following are duties for the Hound Haul Coordinator, a position that manages all aspects of Operation: Hound Haul:
- The main job is to organize any long distance transports, also known as "Hound Hauls."
- Must be detailed oriented and able to think through and follow-up on logistics.
- Must monitor email and stay in consistent contact with other BHRSC associates.
- In specific regard to Hound Hauls, duties are: recruit teams of transport volunteers from the transport pool; arrange for van rental; arrange to get crates to volunteers as well as collars, leashes, harnesses, ID tags, etc.; arrange for transport team lodging. Day of a haul, monitor progress by staying in touch with transport drivers and update receiving team.
- When a haul is not in the crucial planning stage, duties are to be to support the Transportation Coordinator by providing back-up on other more routine transports.
- An Assistant will be made available, if or as needed.
This is an Executive Committee position and it is expected you will participate in four quarterly board meetings; two on-site and two via phone conference. Further, all Committee members are encouraged to support the organization by volunteering at Spring Games held annually each June.
We'll work with your schedule.
Los Angeles and Orange CountiesWhittier, CA 90608
- Animal Care / Handling
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research