Sports Management Intern - Orange County
DONATE TO THIS
21 people are interested
Crossing the finish line. Scoring a point. Celebrating with the team. Special Olympics Southern California (SOSC) is dedicated to moments such as these, because it is through these moments our athletes find strength, success, confidence, and joy. Sports Management Interns help make moments like these possible by assisting with the coordination of competitions, events, and programs. Try out for the team!
- Provide hands-on support to plan and develop Regional/local sports competitions and programs
- Assist with managing volunteer and sports training seasons, and delivery of coaches education
- Assist with the registration for 'away’ competitions
- Assist with recruitment of volunteer coaches and fostering relationships with existing volunteers
- Assist Collaborate with school organizations, municipality parks & recreation, and/or other community resources to establish partnerships
About Special Olympics Southern California
1600 Forbes Way, Suite 200, Long Beach, CA 90810, US
Special Olympics Southern California is a nonprofit organization that empowers individuals with intellectual disabilities to become physically fit, productive and respected members of society through sports training and competition. It is one of 52 Chapters within the United States and part of Special Olympics, Inc., which serves 3 million athletes in 180 countries worldwide. The mission of Special Olympics Southern California is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
Special Olympics transforms lives through the joy of sport, every day, everywhere. We are the world's largest sports organization for people with intellectual disabilities: with 4.4 million athletes in 170 countries -- and millions more volunteers and supporters. We are also a global and social movement.
Through the power of sports, people with intellectual disabilities discover new strengths and abilities, skills, and success. Our athletes find joy, confidence and fulfillment -- on the playing field and in life. They also inspire people in their communities and elsewhere to open their hearts to a wider world of human talents and potential. Please view the following video to see the full spectrum of our activities.
Our athletes always come first.
Honesty, integrity, and mutual respect are the core principles of our organization, and we pledge to treat all athletes, coaches, volunteers, staff members, and donors according to these principles.
We pledge that all decisions will be made in support of our mission and that all resources should be optimized for the direct benefit of our athletes.
We'll work with your schedule.
2428 N. Grand Ave.Suite ASanta Ana, CA 92705
- Public Relations
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- • There are three major sport seasons that require intern assistance: February 1 – June 7, 2020; June 7 – August 22, 2020; August 22 – November 15, 2020; • 10-20 hrs/wk in our OC Office
- • Strong organizational and people skills with superb customer service skills • Ability to work independently and in a team environment • Proficiency in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn new programs