Junior Volunteers! We need you!
6 people are interested
Fox Valley Humane Association is thrilled to offer a volunteer opportunity for teens ages 13-17 years old. The Junior Volunteer program offers responsible and energetic youth a chance to learn new skills and enhance their dedication to animal welfare. This program will allow these volunteers to make a difference in the lives of the animals at FVHA.Junior Volunteer Positions:
- Greeting - Welcome guests and friends to the shelter.
- Office Projects - Assist the front desk with projects as needed.
- Laundry and Dishes - We do approximately 93 loads of laundry every day!
- Cat or Critter Cleaning - Maintain a clean environment for the cats and critters.
- Events - Help at our special events - Tailgate, Bark in the Park, food drives, and more!
- Fundraising - Create supplies and projects for fundraising programs.
- Cat Socialization - Help frightened and shy cats acclimate to the shelter setting.
- Deck Hand - Introduce potential adopters to their new best friend. (after initial training and volunteering)
- Dog Walking - Exercise and socialize the adoptable dogs. (after initial training and volunteering)
- Outreach - Represent FVHA and communicate with the public at the Pet Stop.
- Junior Volunteers must be between 13-17 years old.
- Complete the Junior Volunteer application.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a non-related adult.
- Attend a volunteer orientation with a parent/guardian.
- Consent and supervision is required at all times.
- Complete an adult volunteer application.
- Attend volunteer orientation with the Junior Volunteer.
We'll work with your schedule.
N115 Two Mile RdAPPLETONAPPLETON, WI 54914
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training