7 people are interested
Horticulture Volunteers assist Gathering Place Horticulturists in landscape maintenance and functions.
Shift Dates/Times: Varied Dates and Times
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Assists Horticulturists with tasks including cutbacks, leaf removal, mulching, pruning, weeding, deadheading and other tasks as requested
- Deals courteously and effectively with the public at all times
- Responds promptly to guests needs
- Adheres to all safety regulations and policies and procedures and helps maintain a safe and productive environment for guests, volunteers and staff
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions including damaged property in a timely manner
- Responds to emergencies and alarm calls as needed
Educational and Training Requirements:
- Attends required orientations led by Gathering Place Staff
- Must attend Horticulture Volunteer Training during first session of shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This volunteer position requires substantial standing; substantial walking; minimal sitting; substantial reaching with hands and arms; moderate climbing or balancing; substantial stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling; substantial talking or hearing; moderate lifting of up to 20 pounds; moderate lifting of 20 to 60 pounds; no lifting of more than 60 pounds.
The environment characteristics described here are representative of those a volunteer encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The environment will include substantial performance in wet or humid conditions; minimal performance near moving mechanical parts; minimal performance in high, precarious places; moderate performance working on hills; moderate performance with or around fumes or airborne particles; minimal performance with or near toxic chemicals; substantial performance in outdoor weather conditions; moderate performance with moderate noise level; moderate performance with loud noise level.
Dress Code: Gathering Place Volunteer Tshirt; Khakis Pants; Closed Toed Shoes; may bring your own gloves (volunteer responsible for all personal property)
Reports to: Horticulturists
Must complete volunteer application, interview, background check and orientation.
We'll work with your schedule.
2650 S John Williams Way ETulsa, OK 74114
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must complete volunteer application, interview, background check and orientation.