Oceanfront Volunteering - Encinitas Half & 5K
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
32 people are interested
Join over 600 volunteers for an EPIC day on the gorgeous coastline of Encinitas, CA!
The 4th annual Encinitas Half Marathon & 5K welcomes all ages and abilities to experience the behind-the-scenes operations of the 3rd largest half marathon in San Diego!
So many different SUPER FUN volunteer positions and times to choose from! Check it out!
Plus, we're known for our AMAZING VOLUNTEER PERKS:
- Free tech tee or tank
- Free Virtual Goody Bag
- Free Entry to the 2020 Surfing Madonna Beach Run (upon city approval)
- Letter of Volunteer Hours for school, court, etc (upon request)
- Free Sponsor Swag & Goodies
- Free snacks and drinks all day
VOLUNTEER FORM: https://signup.com/go/sKapBnh
Race website: www.EncinitasHalfMarathon.com
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About SURFING MADONNA OCEANS PROJECT
1106 2ND ST 301, ENCINITAS, CA 92024, US
The Surfing Madonna Oceans Project is dedicated to bringing the community together to "Save the Ocean" and protect our coastline. Through youth education programs, ocean conservation project grants, marine mammal rescue/recovery initiatives and allowing children and adults with special needs experience the healing power of the ocean, we are helping to expand this community of ocean advocates.
Surfing Madonna Oceans Project was founded in 2013 by Robert Nichols and artist, Mark Patterson, after the two clandestinely installed the 10'x10' glass mosaic of the Madonna riding a wave with Save the Ocean down the side in broad daylight underneath a train overpass that 18,000 cars pass by daily. After weeks of investigation as to who created and installed the mosaic, Mark Patterson was discovered. A year or so later the non-profit was born and to date, the organization has given back close to $150,000 back to the community in the form of Oceanography Scholarships, annual Surf Camp for Special Needs Children, Floating Beach Wheelchairs and mobility mats, Sea Lion Rescue Cage, Ocean Swim program for special needs adults, and much more. The funds are raised through the annual Surfing Madonna 5K/10K & 10 Mile Beach Run, Engraved Brick Fundraiser, private donations, grants and sponsorships.
398 3rd StreetEncinitas, CA 92024
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 5
- Our volunteer positions range from 2-8 hours in length. You can choose what best suits you. Most importantly, it's about having FUN!
- Children under the age of 13 must volunteer with a parent/guardian. We recommend children under 13 to volunteer at the Water Stations. ALL VOLUNTEERS must sign in and out at the Volunteer Check In tent to receive their free Surfing Madonna Run entry