7 people are interested
Iron Prep Academy Mentoring Program is currently seeking Mentors:
Role of the Mentor:
* Take the lead in supporting male youth through an ongoing, one-to-one relationship.
* Serve as a positive role model and friend. ...
* Build the relationship by planning and participating in activities together.
* Strive for mutual respect.
* Build self-esteem and motivation.
* Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them.
* Attend at least 2 weekly group meetings a month (group meetings are about 3 hours in length).
* Communicate with mentees weekly.
* Attend an initial information session, as well as at least one additional training session during each year of participation in the program.
* Attend optional mentor/mentee group events, mentor support groups, and program recognition events.
* Have at least a high school diploma or the equivalent.
* Must be an adult (18+ years-old).
* Responsible and prompt person who is comfortable working with young men ages 10-17.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
1400 N. 16th StreetPhiladelphia, PA 19121
- Program Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 18
- 3 hours each Saturday